Wednesday, 26 September 2012
study questions on winter's tale (h.w)
1. How long does Polixenes stay with Leontes and Hermione?
Polixenes stayed with Leonted and Hermione for 9 months
2. What does Polixenes worry happens to his kingdom if he stays away too long?
He worries that is kingdom will lose its order or will be conquered.
3. How does Leontes reassure Polixenes that everything is well in his kingdom?
4. Hermione says that Polixenes can stay with them as their guest or as what?
she said he could stay as a guest or as a prisoner
5. Polixenes says that, as children, what sin does he and Leontes commit?
polixenes says that they were too innocent to sin but since then they have been subjectt to temptation
6. Polixenes tells Hermione that he and Leontes sin because they haven't met whom?
Because they had not met their current wives yet.
7. Who is Maxillius' father?
Leontes is Maxillius' father.
8. What feeling does Leontes have towards Polixenes after seeing him touch his wife's arm?
Leontes became extremely jealous,angry andd suspiscious.
9. Why does Leontes first get angry with Camillo?
He first got angry because he believed that Camillo knew about the affair between his wife and his friend and did not inform him.
10. How does Leontes plan to kill Polixenes?
Leontes planned to kill Polixenes by poisoning him
11. Who does Leontes get to agree to kill Polixenes?
Camillo agreed to killing Polixenes.
12. What does Polixenes invoke to get Camillo to tell him Leontes' plan?
Short Answer Questions - Act 2, Scene 1
1. What does Hermione whisper in Mamillius' ear before Leontes enters?
2. Who tells Leontes that Polixenes and Camillo run off together?
The Lords informed about Polixenes and Camillo running off together.
3. Who does Leontes order to take Mamillius away from Hermione?
Antigonus was told to take Mamillius away.
4. What does Hermione deny after Leontes accuses her of having an affair?
She denied being impregnated by Polixenes
5. Who does Leontes consider Hermione's accomplice in her affair?
He considers Polixenes to be Hermoines accomplice
6. When Leontes imprisons Hermione, who does she take with her?
Hermoine took her attendants with her when she was imprisoned.
7. What does everyone think about Hermione, except her husband?
Everyone thinks that Hermoine is a good lady and is innocent of the claims made by the husband
8. Antigonus says that if Hermione is adulterous, then no other woman is what?
Antigonus said that if Hermoine is adulterous then no other woman is real,truthful but rather false.
9. How many daughters does Antigonus have?
10. If Hermione is adulterous, what does Antigonus want to do to his daughters?
11. What does Leontes send men to get from the Oracle?
He sends men to get the truth from the oracle on whether his wife is an adulterer etc.
12. How many men does Leontes send to the Oracle?
Leontes sent 2 men to the oracle.