Short Answer Questions - Act 3, Scene 1
1. When Cleomenes says "fertile the isle/the temple much surpassing", what is he referring to?He is referring to the island (Delphi)they went to to visit the oracle stating that it is either productive in general(resourceful) or production in terms of its bearing and how outstanding the temples and religion are.
2. In what city is the Oracle located?The oracle is located in Delphi
3. In what country is the Oracle located?The oracle is located in Delphi
4. How many characters speak in Act three, scene one? There are two characters in scene one.
5. What is one of the topics of conversation between the men in Act three, scene one? One of the topis is the religious atmosphere in Delphi.
6. What do the men, in Act three, scene one, want the Oracle to say?The men want the oracle to say that the queen is innocent.
7. How do the men, in Act three, scene one, say the journey to the Oracle is?They say that the journey to the oracle was pleasant,rare and speedy
8. Act three, scene one offers more support for the proposition that the king is the only person who thinks that Hermione is what? It offers support that the king is the only person that thinks that Hermoine is an adultress.
9. Who is the God the Oracle is dedicate to? The God by which the oracle is dedicated to is Apollo.
10. What does "Apollo's great divine seal" refer to? It refers to Apollo's (the God's) devination which is in the letter being taking back to the king.
11. At the end of Act three, scene one, what do the men get to make their journey home faster? The men got fresh horses to make the journey faster
12. What do the men, in Act three, scene one, think of forcing faults on Hermione? The men think that forcing faults on Hermione is terrible and do not like it over all.
Short Answer Questions - Act 3, Scene 2
1. What does Leontes call for at the beginning of the trial?At the beginning of the trial Leontes called for 'the prisoner' and then he called for the indictment to be read.
2. What is one of the charges laid against Hermione at her trial? One of the charges being held against Hermione is committing adultry with Polixenes
3. What does Hermione think is sufficient proof of her innocence? Hermione thinks that the fact that she is unhappy for the first time is proof of her innocence.
4. What does Hermione say makes her life not worth living? She says that the grief of being accused of not having honour in relation to her moral obligation as a wife
5. Hermione tells her husband that his accusations exists only where? She tells him that his accusations only exists in his dreams
6. Who reads, at the trial, what the Oracle says?The oracles declarations were read by an officer.
7. How does the Oracle characterize Leontes? The oracle characterised Leontes as a jealous tyrant.
8. What does the king live without, according to the Oracle, if that which is lost be not found?The oracle declared that the king would live without an heir if is daughter is not found.
9. Who tells the king that Mamillius dies? A servant informs the king about his sons death
10. What does Hermione do when she hears the news that Mamillius dies?Hermione faints when she hears about her sons death
11. Who tells the king that the queen dies?Paulina informs the king of the queens death.
12. How many times does Leontes say he visits the graves of his wife and son?He said he would visit their graves once a day.